Sunday, January 01, 2017

2017 Goals

Morgan recently wrote on I'm an Organizing Junkie, "We have dreams that remain just that, dreams.  It's pretty amazing what you can accomplish, when you commit to organizing your goals."  As I plan my 2017 goals, I want them to be:
  • Realistic – carefully consider your current season: ability and availability.
  • Accountable – announce your goals, ask for support, and share your progress.
  • Flexible – change, revise, and update your goals and/or methods, as necessary.
I hope that you can look ahead and take an even more determined approach with your goal setting. You can do anything that you set your mind to, and I hope that you do!

2017 Goals

  • Exercise (3 times / week) and Daily Step Goals (8,000 daily; 56,000 weekly)
    • In 2016, my weight was creeping back between 160-165 pounds and my ankles were swelling.  I rejoined Weight Watchers on April 27, 2016.  I have reached my goal and currently working toward obtaining lifetime membership with them.  I am amazed at how much I have toned and the inches I have lost.  Over the next five weeks, the goal is to maintain my weight between a plus / minus two pounds of my goal weight.
    • Jeff and I have continued to exercise in 2016 and we both ran the Abilene Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day.  We both beat our goals with Jeff finishing in 26:08.1 and I finished in 36:55.  Personally, my goal is to run three 5K races in 2017 split throughout the year to give us time to continue to train and become healthier and more fit.
  • Read at least six books
    • With a combination of being busy and many other excuses, I would like to read a minimum of six books in 2017 with hopes of reading more.  I have learned in 2016 to take more time for me.  I have found that I do not have to "go-go-go".  I am finishing up on Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers and plan to read her next book in the series, Her Daughter's Dream after finishing the first.
  • Read my bible and continue to grow my faith
    • Reality for this goal to obtained, it all goes back to slowing down, taking time for me, and spending purposeful time reading my bible, reading devotions, and taking time to learn more.  The Proverbs 31 ministry provides free daily devotionals and other online bible studies.  Last June, I ordered a study guide over the book of Numbers and did not finish it.  So with a combination of using their app, First 5, I am planning to spend more time with God.  
    • My church, Cross Way UMC, is offering new classes this upcoming spring which I am excited about attending including Sunday School, Life Groups, and Illustration Journaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails