Thursday, December 29, 2016

Abilene Turkey Trot


My "why":
After my youngest, Ashlyn, was born in 2011, I weighed 170.2 pounds when she started preschool / daycare.  I am committed to this weight-loss journey because this past March, my weight was fluctuating between 160-165 pounds and my ankles were swelling.  I rejoined Weight Watchers on April 27, 2016.

Current Update:
Since rejoining Weight Watchers, I have been able to slowly build back up and have been walking / running.  When I started back with Weight Watchers, my ankles had been swelling with no official explanation.  I went to the doctor's office and many test were completed.  The Run-On store helped me pick out new shoes and mentioned the possibility of doing too much too quick and/or not having the right support.

On Thanksgiving, my family and I ran in the Abilene Turkey Trot.  There were over 1300 people who either walked or ran the 5K that morning.  Ashlyn cheered us all on from the sidelines along with Lana and Gregg, my mother and father-in-law.  Jeff's goal was to finish under thirty minutes and my goal was to finish under 45 minutes.  We both beat our goals with Jeff finishing in 26:08.1 and I finished in 36:55.  When the race begin, the boys took off ahead of me.  I caught up to Jakob and was able to help challenge him to run a little more and he actually finished before me with a time of 36:38.6.  We were proud of him because he had only done a little training prior to running this 5K.  Roland did not give up and finished in 54:38.



Last Friday, I spoke with my Weight Watcher's leader, Roni, about adjusting my goal and she agreed.  She stated if I made it too low, I could become frustrated.  I am amazed at how much I have toned and the inches I have lost since this past April.  Over the next six weeks, the goal is to maintain my weight between a plus / minus two pounds of my goal weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails