Friday, June 17, 2016

Weight Watchers

After Ashlyn was born, my weight was at 170.2 on August 9, 2011.  I used Weight Watchers after Jakob and Ashlyn were born, but did not stick with the program.

This past March, my weight fluctuated between 160 - 165 pounds.  At the end of the month, I went to the doctor's office because my ankles were swelling.  This past April 27, 2016, I rejoined Weight Watchers.  I decided it was time and was hoping if I lost some weight it might possibly help the swelling in my ankles and legs.  My ankles have not been swelling since I have lost the weight, but my eosinophils remain elevated.  On a positive note, they were less than a previous lab.  My doctor has me taking a Claritin for the next ten days prior to rechecking blood work in approximately two weeks.

About a month later, on May 21, 2016, I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting.  Each week provides a different weekly lesson focusing on inspiration and encouragement, reflection, action plan including quotes from others, and a new recipe.  This week's Weight Watchers Weekly was titled Befriend your Body by Melissa Sperl.

When I rejoined Weight Watchers, I was at 161 pounds.  Today, I weighed 151.3 pounds with a goal weight of 145 pounds.  I also achieved a 5% weight loss today since rejoining!   I prepaid for the meetings through September 16, 2016, this morning to encourage me and help me be accountable.  Roni, the Weight Watcher leader, complimented me on my current weight loss and informed me about the lifetime free membership by maintaining my goal weight!  I really did not think I was going to enjoy the meetings, but stepping on the scale in the office and seeing the results sure is motivating!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails