Sunday, July 31, 2016

Epic Fail - Plum/Pluot Jam


About a week ago, I received plums and pluots from Bountiful Baskets.  Yesterday evening, I decided to make some plum and pluot jam because my plums and pluots were extremely ripe.  Rather than throwing them out, I figured I could make a small batch of jam.  It was my first attempt to make plum and pluot jam.  I have only attempted strawberry jam one other time.

Last night,  I suspected I had over-heated it because it was hardening quickly and was extremely thick getting it into the jar.  I was a little worried about getting the remaining mixture out of my pan.  Reflecting back on my strawberry jam, I remembered using my meat thermometer to watch the temperature rather than the sheet method.

This morning, I placed the jar in the refrigerator to get it cold and after church figured I would open it and see how it turned out.   Sure enough, I opened the jar and the "jam" was a rock solid!!  Instead of jam, it appears I made hard candy.  However, my hard candy was stuck inside of a Ball jar! OOPS!


Recently, Chris Shade stated in a recent TED Talk, "If failure is not an option, then neither is success. If you've never failed, you've never tried anything new."

Looking forward to trying again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails