Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2014 New Year Resolutions

2013 sure seems it has gone by quickly.  Roland turned seventeen, Jakob turned eight, and Ashlyn turned two in 2013.  Jeff was diagnosed with Pre-Diabetes early June and through changing our diet and increasing our exercise we both have lost weight!  He went back to the doctor in October and due to our changes we made he is no longer on the diabetes spectrum.  Since his diagnosis, he has lost about thirty pounds.

I began my 5th year teaching eighth grade math and algebra.  I also finished four more classes towards my Masters Degree in Curriculum and Instruction at the University of North Texas.  The fall semester was extremely challenging because I was enrolled in two classes, but through the help of a great husband I made it through with two A's.  I now have a 3.875 overall GPA and have only four more classes remaining to complete the degree!  My goal is to graduate with a minimum of a 3.8.

Resolutions
  1. Exercise on Elliptical (3 times/week) and Daily Step Goals (7,000 daily; 49,000 weekly)
    Since Ashlyn was born in 2011, I have lost about 20 lbs.  I would like to continue to tone and lose about five to ten more pounds.  I set my goal for 7,000 steps because I am currently averaging about 5,000 steps per day.
  2. Blog… Kid accomplishments, artwork, family stories, menu plans, coupon savings, etcToday, A Frugal Friend posted a daily photo challenge with daily themes.  I have done a challenge before which was called Project365.  I will do my best towards this challenge, but it correlates perfect with wanting to blog more!  
  3. Read at least six books and read my Bible.
    As sad as it seems, I have not read many books in 2013 due to my crazy schedule.  I want to slow down a little and read more.  Six books may not seem like many, but it much more than I read last year.  Part of the reason I haven't read fun books in the past year was because I was reading college textbooks.  I did finish Fresh Disasters by Stuart Woods recently!  I started reading a new book from Janet Evanovich, The Heist.  My goal is to have it completed by January 18th since it is due back to the Denton Library on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails