Sunday, February 19, 2017

Menu Plan Monday: Week of February 20, 2017


This past week, we had a few Hello Fresh recipes to finish up.  My favorite from last week's Hello Fresh dinners was "When Steak Met Potatoes with Peppercorn Sauce."  Jeff and I are stingy with steaks and typically cook chicken nuggets for the kiddos.  This will obviously change as they get older.  I adapted the kale portion of the recipe and cooked kale chips instead because I already knew Jeff and the kids love!  I was impressed with the freshness of the kale because I was concerned since this Hello Fresh kit had been in the refrigerator for a week.  The kale was fresh and crisp as I had just purchased it!




Sugar-sweet pork chops with mixed-root veggies was also a hit last week with the kids.  Ashlyn loves helping in the kitchen and she helped by mixing the veggies with olive oil and a few spices.  The pork chops were the main hit with this recipe.  They were tender and melted in your mouth.  The mixed-root veggies seemed too crunchy, in my opinion, but maybe I should have bumped up the temperature of my oven.  I cooked them per the directions at 400 degrees Farenheit, but it was on convention versus bake.  I have not roasted carrots or parsnip before only potatoes, zucchini, and squash.



Over the last two months, I have averaged receiving the Hello Fresh kits about every other week.  This has added variety to our dinners without the hassle of figuring out what to cook.  Both of my kids get so excited when I pull out a box from Hello Fresh to start cooking.  I absolutely love how enthusiastic Ashlyn is in wanting to help cook the dinners.  Jakob is normally working on Boy Scouts and other homework, but absolutely loves the dinners too!  I also take advantage of Wal-Mart's online grocery shopping by adding additional produce to select menus without the hassle!  It is such a time saver for me.

Menu Plan Monday: 

Week of February 20, 2017


Monday, 2/20: Ginger Beef Stir Fry with Snappy Asparagus


Tuesday, 2/21: Hot Dogs and Chips
Wednesday, 2/22: Leftovers
Thursday, 2/23: Leftovers
Friday, 2/24: Melty Monterey Jack Burger with Red Onion Jam and Zucchini Fries


Saturday, 2/25: Dining Out - Fellowship with Church
Sunday, 2/26: Balsamic Chicken Rustico with Provencal Roasted Roots Veggies


2 comments:

  1. Those Hello Fresh dinners look so good. I may have to explore that a bit as I'm in a terrible dinner rut lately. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they really are delicious! I average about 1-2 kits per month which has helped with my menu planning on the crazy weeks and has given us variety!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails