Thursday, December 14, 2006

One Sick Baby

Well, luckily he is doing better now, but it was one really long day! Jakob had started coughing Tuesday, but it was not too bad. However, today he woke up earlier and was not happy. We quickly went to the store since we did not have any "cough" medicine and that was the primary problem. The medicine I had for him was everything but the cough portion! So we went to Wal-Mart and picked up medicine and some more pedalyte. Things went good and he took a nap from 10:30-11:30am. Then...he woke up at 11:30 very upset and SCREAMING! He did not want anything to drink or eat and he was really worrying me. So I called his doctor who said they were booked solid and did not have room to squeeze him in but I could talk to the nurse. I ended up getting in the car and going to the Medical Center of Lewisville to the ER because Jakob did not have any food in the morning and barely drank anything! I was worried that if he would not eat or drink anything he was going to become dehydrated. So we get to the ER reception and Jakob signs and says "drink". So I told the nurse at the desk I would take him to Wendy's and see if he would eat and drink. I figured if he would eat/drink something then he was doing better. She smiled and told me to come back if I needed too. Luckily, he ate some french fries, half a chicken nugget, and most of his lemonade! I was happy he ate and got liquids in him! So we came home and he asked to watch a movie so I put him in his high chair where he began to watch Cars (again!) and he fell asleep. I adjusted his seat to try to make it more comfortable and woke him up. Shortly later, I picked him up and carried him to his bed where he slept for a few hours. When he woke up around 4:00pm, he had a fever of about 101 F...so it was time for more Tylenol to break his fever. I gave him the medicine around 4:30 and so by 5:10, he was still warm (not feverish) so I asked him if he wanted a bath. The bath helped cool him off and around 6:00pm, he ate some toast with butter, and some mashed potatoes. The fever is down and we both played with Lego's earlier.

He's definitely acting more like himself but since he had a fever today, he cannot go to school tomorrow. Jeff is going to stay home with him so I can take my two finals that I have tomorrow. Out of five classes, I only had two finals. They should be relatively easy since I have been studying since last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails