Thursday, October 27, 2005

Online book club


I was visiting the Carrollton Library webpage and found a link for an online book club. It is set up to send you about 5 minutes of reading a day and by the end of the week you have read 2-3 chapters of the current book. At the end of the week, you have an idea if you like the book or not to either go out and buy it or check it out from the library. They have all the different styles of books, currently I signed up for Mystery books.

This week's book for the mystery club is called Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay. Based on the review from the webpage it is a new kind of mystery novel starring a lovable serial killer, one Dexter Morgan, who only kills bad people and who cringes at the sight of blood.

This online club seems interesting to me because I do not know many authors. In the past, I have mainly read books from Stuart Woods. He writes mystery books that I normally cannot put down once I start reading his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails