Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Kids Helping in the Kitchen

Ashlyn and Jakob have sure enjoyed helping in the kitchen more since we started receiving dinners from Hello Fresh.  They both are excited and are interested in helping me in the kitchen more.  An easy way Ashlyn helps is by shaking the vegetables and potatoes with a bit of olive oil and seasoning.
February 15, 2017

February 26, 2017
Jakob helped me last Monday, March 6th, in the kitchen by preparing a taco seasoning recipe from All Recipes.  I have been working on getting both kids in the kitchen more and love they are wanting to help!



Our next Hello Fresh kit will arrive this upcoming Saturday!  My goal for Jakob is to begin getting him to cook one of the three dinners.  The instructions are step by step with pictures which would help him learn the basics of cooking.  Jeff and the kids like fish, so I ventured with adding the salmon recipe.

My Hello Fresh Menu for March 25th - March 31st:

  • Wasabi Lime Salmon over Soy-Simmered Rice with Baby Bok Choy
  • Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Lemony Potatoes and Zucchini
  • New York Strip Steak with Truffled Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans Amandine
To attempt to the keep the cost down on Hello Fresh, I normally add additional vegetables to my weekly grocery trip based on the recipes and cook those portions as four people per the recipe (give or take).  Hello Fresh has simplified my dinner plans and the stress of planning every week.  On average, we receive Hello Fresh twice a month now.  I have enjoyed the variety of the dinners and how the dinners are Weight Watcher's friendly and follow the plate method concept.


When Jeff was diagnosed with pre-diabetes, we quickly learned about the plate method.  Roni, my Weight Watcher's leader, recently also discussed dinner plates used to be nine inches.  Our current plates are approximately twelve inches, but have a rim.  The inside of the plate is about nine inches which is where we tend to place the food.  Through learning how to eat better, Jeff within the first year of being diagnosed pre-diabetes, was no longer pre-diabetic.  Over the last year, the two of us are continuing to exercise and eating healthier.  I love how we are teaching our kids how to cook and eat well balanced meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails