Friday, January 13, 2006

Jakob sick this week...poor baby

Well, I’m a little behind, but I have had a long week. Jakob woke up sick this past Sunday morning. He ended up throwing up most of the day Sunday, and by the time of the afternoon I was on my 5th shirt, and I lost count how many times he was changed! Monday, Jakob was doing a little better. He got sick once at lunch and I called the doctor about him and they prescribed a medicine to help his stomach. Tuesday, he was getting better but would have spells of not feeling like himself, so the two of us vegged on the couch together and watched different shows until he was ready to get up and play with a few toys. Wednesday, he did great and I thought he was over his cold. However, Mom came on Thursday and we had a revisit of the whole thing in the afternoon while shopping. Poor baby, but I think it was the red drinks that bothered his tummy. He’s had red drinks before and has been fine, but with already being sick, the red drink must have been just enough to make it upset. So no red drinks for a while for Jakob! We got home yesterday and he took a nap and when he woke up, he was feeling better. So far this morning, he has had his formula and a small breakfast and is acting normal. I told him last Sunday that he still had to go to school/daycare next Tuesday, January 17th. What’s funny is he got really sick at 6 weeks old before I initially went back to work where we had to take him to the ER due to a high temperature. I reminded Mom that she still could be backup babysitter every now and then!

Mom and I had a fun time yesterday. We went to Target and bought basic things you need for the house. We then got a little bit of food for Jakob (even though I messed up and gave him a red drink b/c I thought he was ok and past cold!). Anyhow, we headed toward DSW Shoes because I needed a new pair of tennis shoes. We then went back to Target and realized they had lots of new spring clothes out and we bought Jakob a bunch of new clothes for school! We even got a few as ‘outfits’ and they are just adorable! Afterwards, we got some lunch on the way home at Wendy’s and got Jakob down for a nap.

I have been catching up on all of my scrapbooking before classes begin. I now have Jakob caught up to 4 months! I was slightly behind on his scrapbook. He was only 1 month old in it! I have the main scrapbook pretty much done except for Thanksgiving, Roland’s birthday, Christmas, and New Years to my knowledge. I went to the scrapbook store the other day and told myself I cannot go back for a while! I have so much fun in the store! I can stay for hours if Jakob would let me! Mom compares the scrapbook store to me as the bookstore is for her!

Anyhow, I need to get around. This afternoon Jakob and I will go get Roland and then do a few other errands. We need to hit the post office (my stamps are the old 37 cents stamps) and then I’d like to hit Wal-Mart for a few more cups for Jakob for school and Payless for Jakob. His size 4 shoes are getting small, and need to see if they have anything on size 5. The Target yesterday had 5 ½ as their smallest we could find and we found a really cute pair at Payless in Killeen for $10 that have worked well for him.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails