Thursday, July 01, 2010

Cheeseburgers with Sweet Potato French Fries

Jeff and I cooked cheeseburgers yesterday evening.  In the past, we usually bought frozen patties from Costco and Jeff seasoned them and took them out to the grill.  I wanted to try doing them ourselves to see if I would like the taste better.  The hamburger patties from Costco tend to be dry to me.  Overall, I thought they came out pretty good and Jeff's only comment was he could have had a little more on the seasoning.

I used my Better Homes and Gardens recipe book that I have had since we probably got married. It was a basic recipe that began with beating an egg and then adding bread crumbs. Jakob complained about the noise I made when I ran my small food processor for the bread crumbs! After mixing the egg and the bread crumbs, I added the seasoning and the hamburger meat.  I think I cold have made five to six patties instead of the four.  Jeff might add additional seasoning to the outside of his hamburger the next time we make them.  The sweet potato french fries were store bought from Costco and cooked about thirty minutes to make them extra crispy.



Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book - Cheeseburgers
1 beaten egg
2 TBSP milk or water
3/4 cup soft bread crumbs (1 slice) or 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp garlic powder (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb ground beef
4-6 hamburger buns, split and toasted

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I'm catching up on your blog and commenting on all of your food posts. :) We LOVE those sweet potato fries, too ... but ours tend to burn even when we cook them for just 20 min. I'm cooking them on a nonstick cookie sheet. What do you use? As for burgers, we had some on the 4th... I hate to say it, but for me, it's the fattier meat that gives good burgers their taste. We bought some ground chuck on sale for the burgers and they were fabulous (no seasoning, though I did try some tomato basil cheddar on one)... and I made Greg buy lean ground beef for meatballs later in the week. Burgers are the ONLY thing I use the fattier meat for, so we don't do it often. But SO good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails