Friday, June 28, 2024

Journal: Week of June 24, 2024

It has been a pretty calm week around here.  Temperatures have been a bit warm, but it is to be expected as we get closer to July in Texas.  The temperatures have been hitting 100 degrees with heat indexes ranging between 105-110 resulting in heat warnings.

I created a Donorschoose project on Monday.  The request focuses on basic supplies such as pencils, new sets of color pencils and markers, paper, graph paper, and cardstock.  A few years ago, I requested folders using Donorschoose and we created growth folders to allow students to track their growth and progress.  Together, students tracked their growth throughout the school year which helped them acknowledge and see they were learning.  Students tracked and set goals for themselves.  Allowing students to see their success which many times were small, helped them push through when the work became challenging.  

Pen and pencil holders have been popular this week!  I have received orders from California and Kansas this week for them.  Time to work on making new ones for my Etsy Shop!  As of this morning, I have reached 175 sales since starting my shop almost two years ago.  














This year, I signed Ashlyn up for Kids Bowl Free since Main Event was one of the locations.  So far, we have gone twice this summer and we have had a good time.  I had a lucky first game on Wednesday with three strikes in a row to begin the game.  Normally my first game is better than my second game.  Ashlyn primarily did not use the bumpers on these games.  She set them up to use, but they were broken and not working correctly.  About halfway through, she took them off entirely.  However, she's getting better at getting her ball to go straight and actually has a bit of a spin to her ball based on how she is releasing it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails