Thursday, March 16, 2017

Coupon Savings and Paying Off Debt


To encourage myself to cut and use my coupons, I have decided to transfer the money I save from coupons to our credit cards.  Jeff and I have been following Dave Ramsey's plan for two years now after taking Financial Peace University from our church, Cross Way UMC.  Since getting on a budget, we have paid about 73% of our debt, excluding our mortgage.  Today, I transfered another $27.75 to one of our credit cards!!

Proverbs 22:6-7Common English Bible (CEB)

Train children in the way they should go;
    when they grow old, they won’t depart from it.
The wealthy rule over the poor;
    a borrower is a slave to a lender.

Proverbs 22:15New Living Translation (NLT)

15 A youngster’s heart is filled with foolishness,
    but physical discipline will drive it far away.
Love this study note from my bible, "Wisdom is learned, not inherited or innate.  It takes discipline, sometimes physical, to change foolishness into wisdom."  I am thankful we were able to take this class since it has allowed us to get on a budget which in turn will help teach our children the way to handle money.


We were out of stock of Windex and it was also on sale at CVS.  The furniture around the baseboards in the main area of the house is moved around since we are in the process of getting the house painted this week and possibly our tile and grout cleaned and sealed.  The goal is to go around the baseboards prior to moving furniture back into place and clean them this week.

CVS Shopping Trip
3/14/2017

$4 ECB wyb (4) participating Household Cleaners

2 - Windex or Scrubbing Bubbles, $2.99
  • -.50/1 Windex product, excl trial size, SS 03/12
  • -.50/1 Windex product, excl trial size, SS 03/12
2 - Ziploc storage bags, $2.99
-$1.00 CVS Coupon "Food Storage" via CVS App
-$4.00 ECB coupon from Monday
=$6.46 Total
GET back $4.00 ECB for next trip



I started following Southern Savers many years ago.  I find it nice to have the store advertisements matched to particular coupons.  Using Jenny's blog, I went to Target yesterday to pick up primarily household products such as toilet paper, paper towels, mouthwash, laundry detergent, contact solution, allergy medicine, and a few other odds and ends.  Many of these items were advertised on sale and a few included gift card deals.  Paired with coupons, I was able to save the discounted store price along with my coupons which totaled $26.75!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails