Thursday, May 03, 2012

Fabulous Wheat Bread from my Breadman Bread Machine

Over spring break, my mom chipped in and I bought me a bread machine.  I have been cooking a bunch with it!  My aunt, Mary, sent me some of her old bread machine cook books and have now made this wheat bread twice in it.  The first time I made it as a medium loaf (approx 1.5 lb?) and this time I made it as a small loaf (approx 1 lb?).  It taste delicious and it lasted for a good week without going stale in our bread box we bought from Amazon.


Small Loaf:
2/3 cup water (I bring the temperature up to approximately 110 degrees F)
2 1/2 TBSP butter/margarine
1/2 egg (optional) - I used the egg using the egg substitutes
1 1/4 TBSP sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/3 bread flour
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 1/2 TBSP nonfat dry milk
1 tsp yeast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails