Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kindergarten Stories: Week 4

Week 4: Kindergarten
  • Math - Shapes and Colors, Counting to 100, Using Objects to show numbers up to 10
  • Language Arts - Rhyming Words, Reviewing the Alphabet: Letters A, B, C, D, E, Letter this week: L, Sight Words: like, cat, dog, to, and, the
  • Social Studies and Science - Our 5 Senses: touching, tasting, hearing, smelling, seeing
Homework
  • Sight word practice (the sight words and sentences are enclosed)
  • Having a parent, sibling, or family member read to child for at least 15 minutes a night.
  • We will be covering the letter L and its sound this week.  It would be helpful to review this letter and the sound.  Also, you could have your child find and point out the letter in books you are reading together.


    I thought this sheet was funny because it appears Jakob drew a submarine next to the fish.  I could be wrong, but that's what it appears to be!


    I absolutely love hand prints!  I think I will take this one and a previous one to school and get them laminated!  I know I have vocabulary words I need to go through and get laminated, so I'll just put them along with those!
    Jakob really loves to sing!  He really enjoys his music class.  On Friday night, he sang this song to me!  We called my mom and he sang it to her too and she echoed him for each line!

    Oh, my,
    I want a piece of pie.
    But the pie’s too sweet,
    I want a piece of meat.
    But the meat’s too red,
    I want a piece of bread.
    But the bread’s too brown,
    I think I’ll go to town.
    But the town’s too far,
    I think I’ll take a car.
    But the car won't go,
    I fell and stubbed my toe.
    My toe’s in pain,
    I think I’ll take a train.
    But the train had a wreck,
    I fall and hurt my neck.
    Oh, my, no more pie.
    Oh, my, no more pie.

    Jakob had a rough day on September 15th.  He was not listening in music and received a Conduct Report.  He also drew on his desk at school.  Of course, when he got home and we realized it he was in trouble and couldn't watch any tv or play on his computer.  I reminded him what we color on and he said, "Paper."  Thursday and Friday were much better days and he remained on Green for the entire day!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails