Saturday, July 18, 2009

Week Full of Swimming

Earlier in the week, I did my coupon shopping!  I went to Walgreens and spent $3.00 for 3 bottles of Listerine and also received back a $3.00 RR.  My next stop was CVS where I picked up their school supplies on sale.  They had a bunch of items FREE after ECB, so I would purchase about $5.00, receive the ECB, then use the ECB to pay for the next transaction.  Overall, I spent $5.90 at CVS and received $4.98 back in ECB.  After CVS, I decided to do a quick run to Kroger.  I saved $15.57 or 35% at Kroger; not as many coupons for the items we needed.  On Tuesday, Roland, Jakob, and I went to Target.  Cereal was on sale for $1.88 and I had $1.00/1 coupons I needed to use while they were on sale.  Jeff and the boys have Mini-Wheats for a bit and I have lots of Special K to eat!

Swim lessons started last Monday.  Jakob are from 9:30AM-10:00AM and Roland has lessons from 10:10AM-11:00AM.  They are both doing well and have been happy with Jakob.  We had lots of swimming this past week...Sunday through Thursday!  Here are a few pictures from swim lessons.  They did pool rules, safety, and life jackets on Wednesday.
 
Tuesday afternoon, Jakob's friend Mason came over to our apartment and we went swimming.  They had fun playing in the kid section and the regular pool.  We went to Jack's 1st birthday party (Janet's baby) and Jakob actually started swimming by himself a few feet while we were there.  He would go between using his noodle to using nothing at all!  I was so proud of him since it was the first time on Sunday.  He continue to swim on Tuesday when we went to the regular pool.  He figured out he could stand in the 3 feet section of the pool and was comfortable going back and forth!  I made a video using my phone while we were out playing.

Friday morning, we went to the post office to drop off my latest eBay items that sold.  I posted a bunch of old games and so far they have done well!  Then it was time to get a quick bite to eat and Jakob wanted a cheeseburger!  The Lewisville Police Department was presenting "McGruff the Crime Dog" at the Lewisville Library and I figured I better get some food in Jakob first!  He listened fairly well and I am hoping the picture of him and McGruff will help him remember we actually went.
  
After the library, I decided I needed to exchange our passes for the FREE tickets for the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus.  The boys received passes from the library for reading and we received adult tickets for becoming fans of the circus through Facebook.  To exchange the passes for actual tickets, you had to drive out to the box office.  I decided the Fort Worth dates were more convenient and drove out to downtown Fort Worth.  I am really glad Jeff and I invested in the GPS because it sure helps with the metroplex and helped me locate where I needed to get to in Fort Worth.  I found a parking meter and I had luckily 4 quarters which gave me 1 hour and 7 minutes!  It was a pretty good walk from where I found the open meter and the Fort Worth Convention Center box office!  Jakob was wearing his sandles and had a blister bust at McDonalds earlier in the day and did not want to walk!!  So I ended up having to carry him to and from and while watching my watch to make sure we got back in time!  He had also woke up from a short nap in the car and was still tired!  I'm excited about taking Jakob to see the circus.  This is one of the really nice ones and free tickets are great!!

We do not have much planned this weekend to my knowledge.  I think I might try to get a little scrapbooking in and use my new kit I received from Coordinates Collections.  I also figure we will go to the pool either today or tomorrow.  I think a few of Jakob's friends want to come over and try out our pool.  Have a great week and enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails