Monday, June 19, 2017

Menu Plan Monday: Week of June 19, 2017


Last week, I made spaghetti with meat sauce in my Instant Pot.  I was exciting how easy it was to make and is now my weeknight method of cooking spaghetti going forward!


I have cooked macaroni with cheese in the Instant Pot and cooked a recipe from Skinnytaste, called Chicken Enchilada Soup.  Cooking the macaroni and cheese was super simple in the Instant Pot.  I poured a bag of pasta (about 12 ounces, I think) into the Instant Pot.  I added 4 cups of water, 2 TBSP of butter, and a pinch of salt.  I set manual pressure for four minutes and then quick pressure release when it was finished.  It was super hot, so be careful!  I mixed in 1 1/4 cups milk and and 8 ounces of Velveeta cheese.  I continued to stir and sit with the Instant Pot lid until it was melted through.  The kids enjoyed the meal with fruit for lunch.  I should have added a bit more salt and pepper for mine.  Other recipes call for adding dry mustard.  I have never done, but should try to see how it taste.  I suspect it would give it a bit more of a kick.


This upcoming Friday, I have produce being delivered from Harvest to House!  I'm looking forward to using that in helping me plan upcoming weekly menus.  I have been looking for an inexpensive CSA since Bountiful Baskets is currently not an option in our area.  Harvest to House will allow you to decide when deliveries are made and really appreciate the email today letting me know what I will receive this upcoming Friday!  This will sure help with planning next week's menu!

ProductPriceQty
Mixed Fruit/Vegetable Box, Large$30.001
Eggplant, Black Beauty1
Onion, Local1
Bananas5
Corn, Bi-color2
Cucumber, slicer2
Grapes, green1
Kale1
Kohlrabi1
Oranges1
Squash, Summer mixed2
Tomatoes1
Okra1
Peaches, East Texas1

Menu Plan Monday: 

Week of June 19, 2017


Dinner Ideas this Week:

Starting back at the end of December, I started receiving meal kits from Hello Fresh.  I tend to get them monthly now based on the selection provided.  I love how our family can pick and choose the meals along with choosing when we receive them!  Try out Hello Fresh and get $40 off your first box!  They have different plans including a classic, vegetarian, and a family plan.  I love how you can choose the menu on the classic plan and select when you receive it. My next Hello Fresh arrives on Saturday, July 1st.


  • Creamy Dill Chicken with Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
  • Kiwi Salsa and Steak Fajitas with Charred Bell Pepper, Onion, and Blistered Beans
  • Barbecue Pork Meatloaves with Creamy Red Cabbage Slaw and Sweet Potato Wedges
This post is linked up to I'm An Organizing Junkie - be sure to check it out for even more meal planning ideas and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails