Monday, March 10, 2014

Smith Family Menu ~ Week of March 9 - March 15

I started working on using an excel spreadsheet to document our menu plans and has been much easier overall.  I took the idea from 100DaysofRealFood's menu plan because it followed a table format with links.  I am easily able to copy and paste from week to week and shift accordingly!

Dinners:
Sunday: Papa Johns Pizza
Monday: Sausage, Potatoes, & Peppers (using RockCrok)


Tuesday: Crock Pot Honey Ham, Roasted Asparagus, & Baked Beans
Wednesday: Barbecue Pork Tenderloin w/Green Beans and Corn
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Chicken & Asparagus Lemon Stir Fry w/Rice
Saturday: Block Party Potluck

My local area has a co-op called Bountiful Baskets.  Each Monday, I decide if I want a basket to pick up the following Saturday.  It is about 50% fruit and 50% vegetables and is $15 plus a $3.50 surcharge in Texas.  The surcharges vary per state, but it helps pay for credit card fees and fuel cost.  The money is collected to purchase the produce and then divided up into baskets.  About a month ago, I decided to help volunteer as a site coordinator because they needed some additional support.  It is all volunteered based and love helping my community!  It is also a fun way to work on our weekly menu plan based on the fresh produce received.  On average I purchase a basket every other week because it is normally plenty of food for the four of us!


Need other ideas, check out my previous menu plans.  Want more ideas, see a bunch more menu plans where I linked up at Org Junkie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails