Friday, July 23, 2010

Seasoned Chicken Strips

Yesterday evening, I made Seasoned Chicken Strips and Oven "Fries". Both were really good and I can always tell if it's worth cooking again if Jakob, my 5 year old, wolfs it down!  He will eat anything we cook, but it is always interesting to see how much he enjoys it and when he does you know it's good!

So you start off this these basic items below.  We currently have some Honey Wheat bread that we purchased from Costco that I used for the breading.  I really have enjoyed making fresh bread crumbs using bread on hand with my food processor.  However, my food processor is a smaller one, so I can only do a little at a time!

Okay, so I put the bread in the food processor until it was nice and fine.  It did not take too long and Jakob did not whine for it being loud after hearing it again for the second time yesterday!

After the bread crumbs are ready, dump into a shallow bowl.  I always use my pie pans for this method.

Add the other dry ingredients to the bread crumb and mix well.  I was not sure how I would like the basil taste, but it turned out pretty good!  My husband did not complain either!  I was honestly a little shocked!


After the dry ingredients are ready, mix the egg, mustard, and garlic in another shallow bowl.  I used honey dijon mustard instead of plain mustard.  Instead of fresh garlic, I used 1/8 tsp of garlic powder in the egg mixture.

Coat the chicken with the egg mixture and then move to the dry ingredients and coat well.


I placed them on a baking sheet with parchment paper and cooked them at 400 degrees F for longer than the time mentioned.  Since I had the fries in the oven too I was accounting for possibly a longer cooking time.  The chicken coating came out really crispy which made me happy!  I probably could have pulled the chicken out a little before my Oven "Fries" were done, but it was all still really good!!

Here's the picture after I baked them in the oven.


Seasoned Chicken Strips
(Recipe originally from E-Mealz, 2010)
1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into tenderloins
1 egg
1 T mustard (I used Honey Dijon)
1 T minced garlic (I used 1/8 tsp garlic powder)
1 cup bread crumbs
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Combine egg, mustard, & garlic in a shallow bowl.
  3. In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs and seasoning.
  4. Dip chicken into egg mixture and then in crumbs.
  5. Bake chicken for 15 minutes (tenderloins).

This post is linked to Foodie Friday.

E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES

1 comment:

  1. Mmm...that chicken looks yummy! I bet my kidders would love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails