Tuesday, June 02, 2009

3 more weeks until California!



Only 3 more weeks until our vacation to California! I have entered the airports, hotels, and attractions into the GPS! I am sure I will add a few more between now and the trip!

Here's last week's update:
Last week went fast and we did a random amount of things. Overall, I walked 11.4 miles last week!

Last Sunday, we went to the pool for about an hour. It was pretty busy since it was the Memorial holiday weekend. The boys enjoyed it and played! They did not want to leave when it was time to go. Roland primarily played in the regular pool while Jakob and Jeff hung out in the kid splash zone pool. I took pictures this day!

On Memorial Day, I got together with a bunch of Jakob's friends and moms and we all went to Boomerang's. It is a place with about 6-7 bounce houses and the kids played non stop for about 5 hours!! They ran and ran...the people would blow the whistles and tell them to walk. I think they got tired of telling them and stopped after a while because there were hardly any kids there!

Tuesday, I was all ready and dressed to sub for a teacher when I woke Jakob up to find he was running a low-grade fever and half sick. I turned on the closet light and he said he didn't want to get up. Okay...that is not Jakob! He's the one waking me up bright and early everyday!! I knew something was wrong. He told me he didn't want to get up and he was sick. I told him if he was sick he would have to stay home and take medicine and stay in bed. He said okay. I reminded him the 'blue' medicine (he hates it!) and he was like okay. I was sorta shocked that he said he would take the blue medicine and stay in bed. I knew he didn't feel well. I sent an email and canceled my sub job. He ended up in bed all day watching tv or movies. He didn't attempt to do much else. (However...I think he shared his cold a little, as it hit me Friday evening/Saturday.)

The Ford Explorer was coming due for it's annual inspection. I decided to take the day to go get it inspected. It is now 10 years old and I sure could tell when the maintenance employee called me outside with the paperwork. He told me it failed! I was slightly shocked because Jeff and his dad just did so much work to it about a month ago! Turns out the brake master cylinder was leaking and needed to get fixed. Great! I had just figured out that Jakob could stop going to school on June 5th to cut back a week of daycare ($175) and instead was rewarded with fixing the Ford! lol So on Thursday, we took the Ford back into the shop and they fixed it and re-inspected the Ford. It passed, so we are good for another year! Hopefully, as much work that has been done lately between Jeff and his dad, Gregg, it should go for quite some time again. I really do not want another car payment right now!!

We have started walking around the apartment complex in the evenings after dinner. It tends to be after 7pm once it is not so hot. Wednesday, we did a short walk around the complex. Jakob walked and ran the entire way. Our initial plan was to have Jakob ride his bicycle, but I forgot about the garage opener which was in the Ford. We had dropped it off at the Kwik Kar that evening so we didn't have to deal with it in the morning. We did get the car back on Thursday. I took it to get washed and vacuumed before picking Jakob up from school. Sure smells good!

I subbed on Friday for a math teacher. This week is the last week of school. I went ahead and decided I could use the week vacation before the next 10 weeks of keeping kids busy and going nonstop!

We took a good walk on Friday evening. Jeff and I walked while Jakob rode his bicycle. We decided it was nice out so we went ahead and had him ride his bike while we walked to the playground. It works out to be at least 2.62 miles roundtrip, with a playground stop in the middle! Jakob loves every minute of it!

This past Saturday and Sunday, I slept a lot! As mentioned, I think whatever Jakob had on Tuesday was shared to me! Doing better now, but still coughing and slight running/stuffy nose. Initially, I thought it was allergies, but I have no clue. At this point, I am assuming it was some bug Jakob was generous to give me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails