Saturday, March 07, 2009

Teacher Job Fair

Well, I went to the first job fair for the 2009-2010 school year. Over 700 people were registered to attend the job fair. It was split into two sections: Elementary and Secondary. My degree and certification classifies me as Secondary. I am Texas certified 4th-8th Generalist, ESL Generlist 4th-8th, and Math 4th-8th. I want to teach middle school math. There are normally more people for the Elementary levels than Secondary. It was a really organized job fair. To give you an idea of how many people were there applying for a variety of positions, I was number 192! The lady I sat next too arrived right at 8:30AM and was number 98! Others around me had numbers in the 240s, so I am guessing they had an easy 300 people on the secondary side. I think my 5 minute interview went okay. I try not to over analyze it. There is another job fair at a college this upcoming Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails