Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Today while working in the computer lab, one of my projects was to look for new software to update some of the old software we currently have in the lab. One of the old titles which was on my list was Sim City. I found a webpage on how a teacher incorporates Sim City 2000 into different lesson plans. Since the game focuses on building a city there are a variety of activities (from writing reelection for city mayor, mapping actual town, building actual skyscrapers, etc...) students can incorporate. However, the original Sim City is quite old and outdated and really does not run well on our computers at school. The concept of the computer software in the lab is to allow future teachers the resources to possibly incorporate different technology equipment into our future classroom and lesson plans.

Anyhow...I told Roland how I really liked playing Sim Farm and Sim Tower as a kid. After we ate dinner we looked online and found both games available to download for free! I remember owning both of these copies on 3 1/2 inch floppy disk. The files are only 3-4 MB! I think I played these games when I was around 13-14 years old! I was shocked to get the games installed and actually running. A few other older games did not work properly, but overall Sim Farm and Sim Tower were my favorite!

Here's a quick shot of my Sim Tower! hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails