Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Busy weekend

We had a quite busy weekend. Last Friday, Jeff and I did errands around town for David and Dezi's wedding. The shirt was incorrect that Men's Wearhouse gave us, fixed that, got shoes for my dress, and picked up a nice shirt for Roland and Jakob for the rehearsal dinner. Jakob and Roland attended the rehearsal with Jeff and me. Jakob did pretty good and talked much of the time. They also went to the rehearsal dinner and Roland gave the cutest story you could ever hear. The whole group laughed at his toast to David and Dezi. Jakob got a little restless at the end. He had been sitting up and he was sitting on the floor playing with a balloon when he said enough was enough. I went and changed him into pajamas and he quickly fell asleep in my arms at the dinner. Saturday, July 23rd, Jeff and I attended the wedding. Amy did my hair before going and we took a picture of the two of us all dazzled up! The wedding started right at 4pm at St. Andrew United Methodist Church in Plano. It was a beautiful church and the ceremony was beautiful. Dezi smiled through the entire wedding, probably just as much as I did when Jeff and I got married. Afterwards, the reception was at a place called Fairview in Plano. Jeff and I visited with friends we hadn't seen for a while and Jeff ran into some that he hasn't seen since high school. I have posted pictures we took on the photos page.

Sunday morning, Jeff, Roland, Jakob, and I went to the First United Methodist Church in The Colony. Jakob stayed in the nursery and did good, but by the time the service was finished he was ready to go! Roland attended Sunday school for his age group and watched a Veggie Tale movie and played some games. Jeff and I went to the visitor's room and we were introduced to members of the church. All of them seemed very nice and were having a good time. They made it where everyone chit chatted and just having fun to make you feel welcome. The others gave their experiences of other churches, along with why they loved being at this church. On August 7th, the church is starting a contempory service at 9:45am and then bible studies at 11:00am also. They will still have their normal 8:30am and 11:00am serives, but an extra service in the middle that Jeff and I are planning to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails