Sunday, May 16, 2010

One Busy Week!

Jeff and I registered Jakob for Kindergarten on Thursday!! Registration began at 9:00AM and the current Kindergarten students performed a few songs and then the principal and assistant principal talked about the upcoming year.  We completed the paperwork and took a short tour of the school.  Jeff and I both liked the design inside the school; should be a fun and busy next year!

Earlier in the week, I learned about E-Mealz.  They create menus for the week that include the ingredients and instructions for the recipe.  Using some of the options from the menus, I came up with the following menu for this upcoming week.  (Jeff and I have created menus before and when we made them, the week was so much easier at dinner time.  Even if you flip flop days, you still have the items on hand to cook dinner!) View my pretty menu HERE.
Sunday: Pork Chop Casserole with Green Beans
Monday: Spaghetti with Garlic Bread
Tuesday: Cheeseburgers with French Fries
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Walnut Crusted Chicken with Red Potatoes
Friday: Banana French Toast with Bacon
Saturday: Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes

I took Jakob to his ice skating lesson this morning.  This is the 3rd week of lessons and he did much better today!  He was so proud of himself overall and loved getting the sticker from Ms. Palma!  Jakob was not attached to the wall nearly as much as he was the first two weeks of practice and stayed near the cones.  Most of his skating was by himself with little assistance from the teachers except every now and then!



Jeff and I went out to eat at Parkers Brothers Trail Dust steakhouse for dinner.  It was pretty good.  I had an 8 oz steak, baked potato, salad, and bread.  Jeff ordered their chicken fried steak and it came with mashed potatoes, beans, and bread.  Jakob ordered from the kids menu and wanted the chicken strips.  I think he got as much food as we received!  We took his leftovers home with us for him to eat during the week.  After he finished eating, he went down the slide.  I did not know this was inside the restaurant and he absolutely loved it!  He went super fast on the slide and had to reminded not to scream inside the building!

We are down to three more weeks of school and I cannot wait until the summer!  We have two more instructional weeks and then students will be taking their semester exams.  Only two more Mondays since one of them is Memorial Day! It has been one amazing year and am blessed with the teachers I am surrounded with everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails